We're here to help in Herefordshire
The Independent Living Reablement Service is designed for people who need assistance to regain their independence in Herefordshire. We provide a planned reablement service to help you remain at home and maximise your independence. The service offers short term intensive support for up to 6 weeks to help you regain or maintain skills, enabling you to continue living independently within the community. The service is free and completely tailored to an individual’s need through an assessment by a Health Care professional; you must be referred. If you or a loved one would like to be referred please speak to your GP or Health Care professional.
The length of service you receive will vary, depending on your needs. You may require only a few days to help regain your skills but the service runs for up to a maximum of 6 weeks.
As the service is aimed at helping you regain your independence and build confidence in everyday skills the team assist and enable you to carry out the following tasks.
- Assist with washing and personal grooming
- Enable you to dress/undress
- Assist with toileting
- Enable you to prepare your own meals
- Enable you to cope with household duties
- Assist you with accessing other agencies/organisations
- Enable you to fill out forms, write letters, finances, claiming benefits and processes
- Liase with other professionals e.g. occupational/physio therapists, GP and Local teams to offer you the best support they can
Our teams will also offer peace of mind by responding to out of hours calls to provide low level appropriate assistance when required. (6 week free trial of Telecare Service available).
If you would like to find out more about the service then please download our leaflet or contact the Independent Living Reablement Service Team;