Community Autism Support & Advice (CASA)
We are suspending our Drop-Ins and Group services from Monday 23/03/2020 following the government's guidance on social-distancing. Clients can still call us for support. Key workers & our peer team will keep in touch with people by phone, text or email - https://www.independencetrust.co.uk/news/item/coronavirus-0
We have also been advised to stop face to face meetings with our clients as of Monday 23/03/2020 until further notice. We will be offering support to all our clients via telephone, text and email.
Please note that we are still accepting referrals.
Our contact telephone number is 01452 317460
Independence Trust is proud to be delivering the newly Commissioned Community Autism and Support Service for Gloucestershire. The service is commissioned by Gloucestershire County Council (GCC).
We will be developing the site over the next few months but in the meantime, the following information may be helpful.
For further information please contact us on 0333 231 3233 and ask for a member of the Autism Team.
Times of opening
The service will operate between 9.00am-17.00 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays
We will be flexible outside these hours by providing evening and weekend support to meet the needs of the service users.
- It is a countywide service for all Gloucestershire residents who are registered with a Gloucestershire G.P. or funded by NHS Gloucestershire/County Council
- The service is for those with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition
- Adults aged 18 and over
- Young people aged 17 and over to support transition to adult services
- The service is offered to those whose needs cannot be met by mainstream services or other specialist services alone
We will receive referrals from: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- ASC Diagnostic Team
- 2gether Community Teams
- Families/circle of support
- Gloucestershire Inpatient Services
- Community Advice, Links and Mental Health Support service
- Community Wellbeing Service
There's 2 ways to make referrals to the CASA Service;
You can make a self referral by completing a Self Referral Form or by contacting one of our team.
Download a Self Referral Form here
Alternatively, you can ring us on 0345 8638323 and speak to a member of the team.
Healthcare professionals can make referrals on someone's behalf. We accept referrals from;
Download a Referral Form here
What can you get from the service
- Information, advice and guidance
- A wide range of interventions and support
- We will assist you to live a life where you have a choice and are included in your local community
- Support you to reach your potential
- Signpost to other appropriate services
- Support you to identify areas of interest and help you to get involved
- You can access 1:1 work with a member of the team
- You can access Peer support where you meet with others with similar interests
- Access to web based information