Community Autism Support & Advice (CASA)
Independence Trust is proud to be delivering the Community Autism Support & Advice Service for Gloucestershire. The service is commissioned by Gloucestershire County Council (GCC) to provide support, advice and guidance to adults with a diagnosis of autism and their families.
For further information please contact us on 01452 317460 and ask for a member of the CASA Team.
**October 2021** We are pleased to announce the start of our new drop ins that will run bi-weekly in Cheltenham and Gloucester starting this month. For further information please see 'News and Events'
Times of opening
The service will operate between 9.00am-17.00 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays
We will be flexible outside these hours by providing evening and weekend support to meet the needs of the service users.
- The service is for those with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Condition
- Adults aged 18 and over
- Young people aged 17 and over to support transition to adult services
- Living in Gloucestershire and/or registered with a Gloucestershire G.P. or funded by NHS Gloucestershire/County Council
We will receive referrals from: (This is not an exhaustive list)
- ASC Diagnostic Team
- 2gether Community Teams
- Families/circle of support
- Gloucestershire Inpatient Services
- Community Advice, Links and Mental Health Support service
- Community Wellbeing Service
There's 2 ways to make referrals to the CASA Service;
You can make a self referral by completing a Self Referral Form or by contacting one of our team.
Download a Self Referral Form here
Alternatively, you can ring us on 0345 8638323 and speak to a member of the team.
Healthcare professionals can make referrals on someone's behalf. We accept referrals from;
Download a Referral Form here
What can you get from the service
- Information, advice and guidance
- A wide range of interventions and support
- We can assist you to live a life where you have a choice and are included in your local community
- Support you to reach your potential
- Signpost to other appropriate services
- Support you to identify areas of interest and help you to get involved
- You can access 1:1 work with a member of the team
- You can access Peer support where you meet with others with similar interests
- Access to web based information
- Access to 'My Autism Information Booklet' (Information Passport) Here