CASA is a Gloucestershire-wide service providing post-diagnostic support for Autistic Adults.
We can offer autistic adults (or their family and friends) one-to-one support with an expert member of staff, by phone, email, online chat, or in person.
Our support can take the following forms:
- Information, advice, and guidance on 'what matters to me'.
- A wide range of interventions and support.
- Assistance to live a life where you have a choice and are included in your local community.
- Support to reach your potential.
- Signposting to other appropriate services.
- Support to identify areas of interest and help to get involved.
Some examples of the things we can help with include:
- Providing opportunities for the best possible outcomes through a range of interventions and support.
- Assisting you to live a life where you have choices, are included in your community and achieve your potential.
- Supporting you and your family to understand Autism Spectrum Conditions.
- Supporting you to meet your goals and make informed decisions.
- Providing opportunities for you to meet peers and develop support networks.
- Working with employers and other organisations to advise them on making reasonable adjustments for you.
If you'd like to discuss whether our support might meet your requirements, you're welcome to contact us for an initial chat.
To be eligible for our one-to-one service you need to
- Be over the age of 18 (or you are a young people aged 17 needing support to transition to adult services)
- Have a diagnosis of autism, or if the support is for someone else, they need to already have a diagnosis of autism.
- Be resident in Gloucestershire or registered with a Gloucestershire GP
- Be able to demonstrate that you are ready and motivated to engage with the service.
Please note: those with co-existing Learning Disabilities should contact Learning Disability Services. If you would like to discuss this issue, please contact us.
We are happy to accept referrals from a wide range of sources including:
- Service users’ families or circles of support
- Housing providers
- ASC Diagnostic Centres
- Gloucestershire Inpatient Services
- Voluntary sector organisations
- Adult Social Care
- Gloucestershire Health & Care Trust
Other CASA pages: